Saturday, February 4, 2012

Sausage Bread





Cooking. 

I don't mind cooking. 

I am not sure as I would say I am one who LOVES to cook. 

but I certainly do love eating. 

I can cook. 

My Family is surviving. 

My issue is always the same.

What to make. 

What to make for dinner. 

That is what I struggle with. 

I have never tried meal planning, I think I should be doing that. 

It usually goes like this. 

I say " Honey, what do you want for supper?"

Honey says  "I don't care" 

okay, I walk into the grocery store...

hmmm... what to make, what to make....

Then it hits me. 
 anyway, My Mom gave me this recipe.
It is TO DIE FOR.

YUP, that is what it should be called.

So here is the recipe.
Please make this for your family.
They will thank you!





This recipe is easy... And it is very filling.
I get my pizza dough from the local pizzeria
Just ask for a ball of dough. 3 bucks...
I am sure you can make your own too but
I don't think it is ever as tasty.

To Die For Sausage Bread. 



1 ball Pizza dough
Saute:
small onion, minced
1/2 red pepper, minced
2 cloves garlic - minced
1  t oregano
1/2 t basil
1 pound Italian sausage - out of casing - broken up as you fry
1 egg,  separated
8 oz. mozzarella - shredded
2 - 3 T parmesan cheese
Salt & Pepper to taste
  1. Saute onion, garlic, & pepper in olive oil, set aside.  Saute sausage, breaking up as you go.  Add Salt, pepper,  onion, &  garlic mixture.  Mix in egg yolk.  Salt & pepper to taste,  also some parmesan at this point.  
  1. Roll out dough to 15 X 14 approximately  Spread on meat mixture.  Sprinkle with parmesan & shredded mozzarella.  (I added some parsley too).  Roll like a jelly roll. 
  1. Place on large cookie sheet,  Bake in 350 oven about 45 minutes.  Let rest about 1 hour.  
ENJOY!  


4 comments:

rachael {imagine gnats} said...

that is ridiculous. SO trying it :)

Grateful4Crochet said...

A version of this is in my oven right now!!
After I read this this morning, I went to the markets, bought some sausage, and I just finished making it!!
Fingers crossed it turns out as well as yours!!!
I actually had to make two versions as my daughter is vegetarian, so i made a teeny for one one as well

Paul said...

All I gotta say is..."MMmmmm...Sausage Bread".... ;)

Jen said...

Looks delicious! mmmm you just made this preggo gal hungry ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...