Friday, December 18, 2009

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder




Well, I have not been nice and have been neglecting the oh so important, blog. I have been busy trying to get all the Christmas shopping done. All the sewing projects completed (that I am giving people as gifts) So that is what I have been doing.
I have also been busy taking some photographs for a good friend who is an artist. Quite an artist. I feel honored when he asks me to photograph his work. So I thought I would show you what I have been working on, I like that his work is so against the grain of what I would consider beauty, but it is when you really look at it, the intricate detail the subtle color difference.... it is truly beautiful. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Try and look at things in a way that you never have before and try and find the beauty in it.







I happen to love the fact that you usually think of graffiti as hard and edgy with scantly clad woman and thugs..... but I think the kids in the photos add a softness to the hard edge.


The Photo Below is one of My favorites, Out of all the photos's I have ever taken in my life.... Seriously. I love it!

2 comments:

maggie may said...

that is amazing art work. what an awesome opportunity and compliment for someone to ask you to photograph their work! thanks for stopping by my blog! can't wait to read more of yours.xo

Amy said...

Oh Thank you Marge, for reading my little ol' blog : )

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...